Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.







Thursday, September 12, 2013

Adventure...

That is how I sold the first day of school to Colin.  He was by FAR the one who didn't want to go back.  He was sad and mad and kept saying "Summer went to fast".  Last night I kept thinking there had to be a way to get him excited about school.  Somehow, someway, right??

So, I had him sit on my lap and cuddle with me.  I told him how 2nd grade was going to be an adventure.  He replied "No, school is not an adventure".  I said "Sure it is.  An adventure is an unusual or exciting experience.  It's something you have never done before.  You have NEVER been to 2nd grade.  You have never been in Mrs. Albietz's class.  You have never been in class with the same exact kids you have in your class. You didn't get to make your Holy Communion before.  You will learn to write cursive."  I was pulling out all the stops.  He didn't seem quite convinced last night but I got a few smiles out of him.

He happily went into school this morning.  He took the pictures I asked of him.  He was excited to use his new backpack and wear his new Hush Puppies.  He wasn't so thrilled to have to wear underwear.  (That's what you get when you wear a bathing suit every day for a few months :) )
I was pleased.  Maybe I made some progress and convinced him. 

Calleigh and I went to pick them up from school.  They all came running out so excited to see me and Calleigh.  The FIRST words out of Coln's mouth "Mom, it really was an adventure!  I loved the first say of school and Mrs. Albeitz is soooo nice."

SUCCESS!!!!  It worked.  I was so happy he had a great day.

I have so much to update about the end of Summer and the start of school but it seems I don't have a second to myself. 

No comments: